12.6.09

Ground Rules

Hello fellow bibliophiles, be you blithe or saturnine. Welcome to The Blithe Bibliophiles Book Club (or the BBBC for short), where a group of students - most of them in their teens, but we don't discriminate against more mature abecedarians - reads the classics, in a completely random order prescribed by...me. If you join now, at the beginning (please do!), here is how the BBBC will work:
*
I will reveal each new book as I finish the one before (starting with Anna Karenina). I will list, with the book, the amount of time I'll try to read it in (and you with me, if you'd like) and a short description, including what interests me about it. Then, as I read the book, I will post my thoughts on what I'm reading every week or so. You have the choice of which books you'd like to read, and, when you read them, you can post your comments and thoughts as part of the discussion...just like a "real" book club, only whenever you want. You could even post in your jammies, eating chocolate ice cream if that's what you want...makes no difference to me.
*
Sound interesting? I think so, and I'd love it if you'd join. (Even if you think Anna Karenina is the most boring book ever written). Please feel free to add any input on any of my posts - I'd love some ideas on how to make this work better.

No comments:

Post a Comment